System Requirements: Mac
Macintosh computer with Intel processor and macOS 10.7 or higher. An internet connection is required.
System Requirements: Windows
Computer with 2.0 ghz. processor and Windows Vista or newer (including 7, 8 and 10). An internet connection is required.
New Features and Fixed Bugs in Version 4.3
- New button object, suitable for mobile websites.
- New redirection conditions have been added.
- The design view and the code view can now be accessed via the "Display" menu and menu shortcuts.
- The drawer menu shows a sub-menu now.
- Animation names can now contain special characters.
- The latest version of Google reCaptcha is now used for form items.
- Google reCaptcha is now also available for guestbook entries and blog comments.
- Publishing: Damaged websites are now displayed in the icon.
- Publish: Folder list is now always sorted.
- Publish: The progress will be displayed now detailed for large files during updates.
- Project-wide meta tags are now showed in the meta tag window of the page.
- The frame item can now also display internal pages and not just external ones.
- Onlineshop: The new global shopping cart manages settings centrally for all shopping carts in the project.
- Increased speed, especially on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- The guestbook now also works with PHP versions below PHP 5.3.
- Meta tag data is now HTML-encoded. Because of thus, no more errors can occur in the source code, when entering certain characters.
- Incorrect numbers will now get corrected in the animation editor.
- Animations can now use times in seconds with commas.
- The drawer menu no longer hides entries if the menu item is very large.
- File associations of projects and designs will be set now correctly on Windows. Goldfish files can now always be opened with a double-click.
- Publish: Various errors have been fixed, for example when transferring large files and secure connections.
- Publish: The FTP connection is now more robust and does no longer freezes, and it may reconnect when it crashes.
- Publish: If a secure connection is not possible, now the user gets always asked before an unsafe connection will be established.
- External files can now be dragged into the project list again without problems (broken since Goldfish 4.0).
- No more internal error after crashing site creation errors.
- Typekit fonts can be showed in the preview again (broken since Goldfish 4.1).
- Onlineshop: A bug has been fixed in the context of the PayPal API.
- Onlineshop: Paypal is now also available with https connections.
- Onlineshop: If "Calculate shipping costs" in the properties of the Cart is not set, also no shipping costs will be calculated now, if there are specified some in the country list.
New Features in Version 4.0
- New designs for the creation of your website in only minutes
- Customized website for smartphones and tablets
- Automatic forwarding to a customized page, depending on the device, operating system or language
- Same typography on all devices by rendering fonts and support for Adobe Typekit
- Retina graphics and support for resolution independent SVG vector graphics
- HTML5 audio and video, as well as integration of YouTube videos
- Special dynamic menus for mobile websites
- Buttons for like and share for all major communities
- New design of the image gallery and slideshow
- Forms with support of multiple keybords on mobile devices
- Automatically generated sitemap for finding a page quickly
- New guestbook where your website visitors can post comments and annotations
- Blog and CMS for posting content without Goldfish, directly on your website with comments and RSS Feed
- Integration of Google Analytics with data protection rules
- Pinning of backgrounds and page areas when scrolling (the background or area is fixed)
- Publish your website directly via FTP with SSL encryption
- Goldfish generates modern HTML5 and CSS code complying with official standards
- Animations for any item on the page with many effects and possibilities
- Show or hide any item by a click or hover with the mouse
- Search box on the website to browse and find specific passages
- Slider to scroll through different areas on a page
- Online shop with PayPal Integration, which can be configurated in minutes
- Write your own HTML and CSS code to any position of your website
- The Mac version is a Cocoa instead of Carbon app for a better integration with Mac OS X
In addition there are improvements at almost all other parts. Goldfish 4 is completely revised and redesigned.
System Requirements: Goldfish Websites
Goldfish websites work on all popular webservers. You will need PHP from version 5 (including PHP 7) for many features ike the contact form, redirections or the onlineshop. FTP or FTPS access to the web server is required for publishing the website directly from Goldfish. If your webserver supports only other protocols, such as SFTP (SSH) or WebDAV, you will need to publish with additional apps like Cyberduck.
Goldfish websites work with all popular browsers, such as Safari 9 or newer, Chrome 43 or newer, Internet Explorer 10 or newer, Edge, Firefox 16 or newer and Opera 30 or newer.