- New button object, suitable for mobile websites.
- New redirection conditions have been added.
- The design view and the code view can now be accessed via the "Display" menu and menu shortcuts.
- The drawer menu shows a sub-menu now.
- Animation names can now contain special characters.
- The latest version of Google reCaptcha is now used for form items.
- Google reCaptcha is now also available for guestbook entries and blog comments.
- Publishing: Damaged websites are now displayed in the icon.
- Publish: Folder list is now always sorted.
- Publish: The progress will be displayed now detailed for large files during updates.
- Project-wide meta tags are now showed in the meta tag window of the page.
- The frame item can now also display internal pages and not just external ones.
- Onlineshop: The new global shopping cart manages settings centrally for all shopping carts in the project.
- Increased speed, especially on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- The guestbook now also works with PHP versions below PHP 5.3.
- Meta tag data is now HTML-encoded. Because of thus, no more errors can occur in the source code, when entering certain characters.
- Incorrect numbers will now get corrected in the animation editor.
- Animations can now use times in seconds with commas.
- The drawer menu no longer hides entries if the menu item is very large.
- File associations of projects and designs will be set now correctly on Windows. Goldfish files can now always be opened with a double-click.
- Publish: Various errors have been fixed, for example when transferring large files and secure connections.
- Publish: The FTP connection is now more robust and does no longer freezes, and it may reconnect when it crashes.
- Publish: If a secure connection is not possible, now the user gets always asked before an unsafe connection will be established.
- External files can now be dragged into the project list again without problems (broken since Goldfish 4.0).
- No more internal error after crashing site creation errors.
- Typekit fonts can be showed in the preview again (broken since Goldfish 4.1).
- Onlineshop: A bug has been fixed in the context of the PayPal API.
- Onlineshop: Paypal is now also available with https connections.
- Onlineshop: If "Calculate shipping costs" in the properties of the Cart is not set, also no shipping costs will be calculated now, if there are specified some in the country list.
New Features and Fixed Bugs in Version 4.3:
Goldfish 4.3 is a free update for all existing Goldfish 4 users. Information and download:
You can download this new design for free on our Designs website. It works with all Goldfish 4 versions and will be included as a default design in the next release of Goldfish 4. The animation works only in Goldfish 4 Professional. http://www.fishbeam.com/en/goldfish/designs.php
You can download this new design for free on our Designs website. It works with all Goldfish 4 versions and will be included as a default design in the next release of Goldfish 4. http://www.fishbeam.com/en/goldfish/designs.php
Today, Fishbeam Software releases Goldfish 4.2. This update comes with many small improvements, fixes some bugs and contains two security fixes that affect the export of design files. Because of this, we recommend this update to all Goldfish 4 users.
New features and changes of Goldfish 4.2 in detail:
- Security update: Admin passwords and other personal data, such as e-mail addresses are no longer exported into design files
- Security update: Server and username will be always reseted in new projects that are based on design files
- Media files that are larger than 300 MB, can not be embedded into the project anymore
- Publish: The encrypted connection now uses TLS 1.2. Because of this, the encrypted connection can be used with many more web servers
- The language will now be included in the HTML tag too, when it has been set in the page information
- Goldfish will generate now the file "robots.txt" for search engines
- Goldfish will generate now the file "sitemap.xml" for search engines
- Password protection: The design of the password page has been improved. The fields will now be displayed centered and can be framed
- Password protection: The cancel button can be omitted now
- Password protection: The cursor will be automatically set to the password field
- Publish: The status of the remember password checkbox will be saved now
- Publish: Keychain access in OS X is now limited to only one necessary access
- Publish The Publish button now has the caption "Publish" instead of "OK"
- Publish The Publish button is now only active when all fields are filled out
- Publish: The message that the website has been successfully published, no longer appears if the publish process failed or was cancelled
- Publish: A new login is now always possible after a failed login
- Publish: Folder content will be displayed much faster than before and Goldfish no longer freezes sometimes (broken since Goldfish 4.1)
- Publish: When republishing, an error message appears, if the website has been deleted or moved previously on the Web server
- No more errors when publishing old projects that contain the shape “Cloud"
- The file size, that is displayed in the "Embedded Media" window will now always be correct
- The „Moving Mouse Over Link Effect“ now always works correctly at pictures links
- Entering an Internet address in the „Build Error“ window will get formatted correctly for the project
- If there are no writing permission and Goldfish tries to save a file, an appropriate error message instead of an internal error will appear now
- File> Save" and "File> Publish" from the menu will now always be active, even if no location or web server was specified
- Password Protection: Password input will now only be necessary once and not again on each sub page that is protected with the same password
- Fixed a bug that caused an internal error when undoing or redoing steps
- Fixed a bug that could prevent sub-pages from appearing on the page list in the Link window
- Dragging files and folders into the project list can now always be undone and redone properly
- If there are more than one password areas with different passwords, the entered passwords will now be stored properly
Goldfish 4.2 is a free update for all existing Goldfish 4 users. Information and download:
Webdesign for all devices: Goldfish is the easy to use solution to design stunning, custom websites with the latest HTML5 technologies, in little time. We come from the creative business and understand how you think as an illustrator, creative and designer. All our knowledge and our experience in developing websites and the feedback from the Goldfish community are now in Goldfish 4.
The first big update of Goldfish to version 4.1 contains many improvements and bug fixes and is free for all users of Goldfish 4.
New Features and Fixed Bugs in Version 4.1:
- Goldfish 4.1 is now a 64-bit app. This solves issues, that could occur with large pictures, videos and files and could cause a complete crash.
- "File > Export" show now a save as dialogue and does not export automatically in "Downloads" anymore.
- Goldfish error reports contain now more detailed information of the operating system and will now be sent with encryption (ssl)
- Page- and names of media files can now contain hyphens
- Undo and redo works again (broken since Goldfish 4.0)
- Undo and redo works now for all steps since opening the project instead only for 10 steps like in Goldfish 3
- The font chooser comes now with autocompletion of font names
- Particular font variants like "Light", "Ultra Light" or "Extra Bold" will now be displayed again in the font chooser (broken since Goldfish 4.0)
- Particular font variants like "Light", "Ultra Light" or "Extra Bold" will now always be displayed correctly in Safari, Firefox, Internet-Explorer, Edge and Chrome
- New blog links will be show with the correct link style
- Blog links will now use the selected text as link text by default
- Adding blog links will no longer delete characters from the blog
- A blog has now automatically a link for posting a comment below each entry
- Goldfies does not show an internal error after publishing on OS X 10.8 anymore
- There are no longer issues if you start Goldfish for the first time on Windows systems with non English or German system language
- The warning, that will be displayed when you save projects from Goldfish 3, 2 and 1 for the first time, will now always be displayed correctly
- Publishing while in code view publishes now also recently added code
- The gallery "Light Box" displays now the next, back and stopp buttons on all web servers correctly
- Comments, that are imported from Goldfish 3, does not contain the text "<br>" anymore
- Publishing via FTP shows now error messages, if the space on the web server will be full
- When publishing, the English version shows now "Publish Website…" instead of "Website veröffentlichen…"
- The Gallery "Light Box" does not show next and back buttons anymore if it contains only one picture
- In guestbooks and blogs, the text "Fred on 12/01/2016" is now completely localizable and not longer in German on all systems
- Imported shapes from Goldfish 3 will have always the correct size and color
- The icon for deleting a product will now always be displayed correctly in the shopping cart
- Payments via PayPal in the online shop will now work if there is an older version than PHP 5 on the web server
- Custom sound effects will now be saved correctly and don’t get lost on animations
- At link shapes, circle and triangle work now on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- In forms, Google Recaptcha spam protection will work now on encrypted were servers (https)
- The submenu at "Menu with Submenu" does not cover fixed areas anymore when scrolling
- The search field of the Goldfish help on Windows is now large enough and fits better to the layout
- Ruler captions in the editor will no longer displayed sometimes incorrectly (underlined)